Tecno Android Phones, Samsung Imei Repair, Huawei Mediapad, Official Firmware/ Flash File, WiFi, Alcatel One, Flash Tool Windows, Android Jelly Bean

Autojump: A neat command line utility that saves me tons of time

Autojump: A neat command line utility that saves me tons of time - we say welcome to the blog Tecno Android Phones we provide a lot of latest gadget information that must be very dear for you to miss, now we will discuss first about Autojump: A neat command line utility that saves me tons of time we have collected a lot of information to make this article to complete for you, Please read:

Articles : Autojump: A neat command line utility that saves me tons of time
full Link : Autojump: A neat command line utility that saves me tons of time

You can also see our article on:


Autojump: A neat command line utility that saves me tons of time

Autojump is a really neat utility that complements the cd command very nicely. For instance if I have a folder called "my_project", I can just say "j project", and the auto jump command will directly jump to this directory (wherever it is in my filesystem).

How does it work?

Autojump tracks how much time you spend in your command line on a specific folder. And builds a weight chart. So, if you have spent enough some time in your my_project directory on command line, and you say "j project", it will check its registry and jump to the highest match. And, the best thing is you don't even need to specify the full name. Partial names work!

Autojump in action

Install zsh. And install autojump. You will see a super productivity increase on command line.

Platforms Supported: Linux and Mac.

To install on Mac:
brew install autojump
And then copy the single line printed by brew install into your .bashrc or .zshrc file. After that go to command line, cd into a directory. Then cd to some other directory. And type "j ". You will see it work! 

Thanks to my colleague Ankit Dhingra for introducing me to auto jump. Goodbye to cd aliases.

Related Links:
https://github.com/robbyrussell/oh-my-zsh
https://github.com/joelthelion/autojump






Articles about Autojump: A neat command line utility that saves me tons of time finished discussed

We think it is enough information about Autojump: A neat command line utility that saves me tons of time, hopefully the information we give can give benefit for you,

If you feel the information Autojump: A neat command line utility that saves me tons of time that we provide can provide benefits for others please share with link https://southernmatron.blogspot.com/2014/02/autojump-neat-command-line-utility-that.html thank you for visiting our blog page and do not forget to visit other pages.

Tag :
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Tags :

Related : Autojump: A neat command line utility that saves me tons of time

0 komentar:

Post a Comment